We are accepting applications until October 9, 2018.
The Central Cariboo Arts and Culture Society is dedicated to supporting arts and culture within the Central Cariboo Region, including the management of the Central Cariboo Arts Centre. Our employees enjoy being at the forefront of arts and culture matters in the region and engaging with the many groups and individuals who make up the fabric of our arts and culture industry.
ARTS CENTRE ADMINISTRATOR
Part-time (15-20 hours/week). Some flexibility may be required for the odd evening/weekend.
Wage starting at $18/hour (negotiable depending on skills and experience), with flexible benefits after successfully completing a three-month probationary period.
Reporting to the CCACS Executive Director, the Arts Centre Administrator will be responsible for management of the Central Cariboo Arts Centre and will work with the Board and Executive Director to effectively manage an accessible, multi-use arts and culture facility, in full conformity with CCACS policies. The right individual will have the opportunity to expand and grow within the organization.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the day to day Arts Centre bookings and calendar.
- Respond to inquiries and advise users regarding space and equipment availability and usage.
- Generate contracts for all groups renting space in the Arts Centre, including tenant lease agreements.
- Ensure that all Arts Centre policies and rental agreements are clearly communicated to all users and monitor users’ compliance with them, and to provide recommendations for policy improvements, implementing approved recommendations as required.
- Coordinate information exchange between facility users and the Executive Director and ensure that user communications (requests, suggestions, complaints, etc) are brought to the Executive Director and, if necessary, routed through her to the Board.
- Recommend and coordinate special security requirements as needed.
- Be familiar with relevant provincial and municipal health and safety policies and regulations, provide information on them to users and monitor compliance with them throughout the facility.
- Conduct tours and provide information about the Arts Centre to users and the general public.
- Report monthly to the CCACS Board of Directors via written reports, and in person when invited to do so.
- Perform minor maintenance/improvements to the facilities and manage contractors in accordance with CCACS policies.
- Seek and apply for facilities funding, as required, and follow through with funders’ requirements.
- Manage the CCACS calendar of arts activities within the Central Cariboo.
- Organize training workshops in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Regularly track and report quarterly on the diversity and frequency of use of the Central Cariboo Arts Centre.
- Other duties as identified by the CCACS Executive Director/Board of Directors. There is room for the position to cater to specific skills and experience.
Successful candidates will have:
- Superior organizational and multitasking skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, to individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and disseminate information as required.
- To work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Skills in problem solving and helping clients to find solutions to problems they may experience in using the Centre.
- Experience and adaptability in using a variety of computer programs and online tools such as Word, Excel, Facebook, scheduling and email applications (primarily Apple platforms).
- Knowledge of the regional arts & culture sector and organizations, or willingness to quickly acquire such knowledge.
- Experience in writing successful funding proposals and follow-up reporting an asset.
- Education in areas such as facility management, administration, leadership, communication and/or community development an asset. The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
How to apply:
For more information visit centralcaribooarts.com. Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by OCTOBER 9th 2018.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.