Four Support grants of up to $1000 are available for non-profit/community groups or individual artists to support and develop arts and culture in Williams Lake and the Central Cariboo (CRD Areas D, E, and F). The funding for these grants is made available from the Central Cariboo Arts and Culture Society (CCACS) and the income generated from Central Cariboo Arts Centre rentals.
The CCACS will be offering two application intakes for 2019 funding.
Intake #1: November 22, 2018 application deadline for activities taking place between January 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018.
Intake #2: May 30, 2019 application deadline for activities taking place between July 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
Non-profit/Community Group Support Grants
- Capital Acquisition Grants are available to facilitate and support the artistic activities of the organization or group through capital purchases.
- General Program Support Grants are available for activities such as workshops, professional development, or any other activity designed to enhance an existing program.
- Community-Based Support Grants are available for community-based artistic activities.
Individual Artist Support Grant
- Professional Development Grants are available to individual artists to assist with course fees, related necessary materials and travel on the understanding that applicants will be required to show how the professional development activity will benefit not only their own practice, but also the general community and local artists.
General Criteria for all Support Grants:
– Does the proposed activity contribute to the health and vitality of arts and culture in the Central Cariboo?
– Does the individual or non-profit organization/community group reside/operate within the Central Cariboo Region (City of Williams Lake and CRD Areas D, E, and F)?
– Can the proposed activity be completed within six months (between January 1 and June 30, 2019 for the November 23rd, 2018 application deadline, or between July 1 and December 31, 2019 for the May 31st, 2019 application deadline)?
– Is the budget reasonable and does it show some financial or in-kind contribution by the applicant?
– If the applicant has received a previous CCACS grant, did they comply with all applicable conditions attached to that grant?
Individual Support Grants Criteria:
Capital Acquisition Grants
– Is the capital purchase likely to facilitate and/or support the artistic activities of the organization?
General Program Support Grants
– Will the proposed activity enhance an existing program?
Community-Based Support Grants
– Is the proposed activity community-based and arts-focused?
Professional Development Grants
– How does the applicant propose to show how the professional development activity will benefit not only their own practice, but also the general community and local artists?
Applications for CCACS Support Grants are adjudicated by the CCACS Directors, and awards will be made by the Central Cariboo Arts and Culture Society, subject to the availability of funds.
- Applicants are required to complete the CCACS Support Grants application form pertaining to the specific Support Grant applying for, and to submit all requested support material. The form and the support material are essential to the evaluation process. Application forms may be found on the CCACS website (centralcaribooarts.com) or by request from the Executive Director.
- Applicants should complete the application form as accurately as possible, add separate sheets where necessary and take careful note of any additional materials requested. Each section must be complete when the application is submitted. The latest version of Adobe Acrobat is required to digitally complete the form.
- Applications must be received at the above email address (email@example.com) no later than 4:00 p.m. on November 22nd 2018 for Intake #1, and no later than 4:00 pm on May 30th, 2019 for Intake #2. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the application is complete and on time. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Hard-copy submissions (single-side printed) may be submitted to the above address by the deadline.
These forms require the latest version of Adobe Acrobat. Opening with Preview will corrupt the file.
The font will adjust as you type, so please do not be concerned with various font sizes.
For further information on this program, contact CCACS Executive Director Leah Selk at:
Central Cariboo Arts and Culture Society
90 Fourth Avenue North, Williams Lake, BC V2G 2C6