The Central Cariboo Arts Centre is now accepting rentals and visitors
We can’t wait to reconnect with you again in person! We are now accepting rentals and visitors by appointment.
Maximum capacity for our rental rooms is currently reduced to 45 people in the Graham Kelsey Room and 8 people in the Open Studio. Depending on your event and room set up, the capacity limits may be further reduced at the discretion of staff.
As the Arts Centre is a user run facility with no supervision, the rental group takes all responsibility in ensuring they:
- Follow all guidelines as laid out by the Provincial Health Officer. More resources are also available via actSafe, specifically for arts and entertainment.
- Understand the risk they are taking on by using the Arts Centre
ALL Arts Centre users are expected to:
- continue to wear a face covering in all common areas and CCACS offices.
- wash or sanitise their hands upon entering and before leaving.
- comply with governmental recommendations regarding physical distancing and hygiene, including guidelines established for indoor events.
- comply with staff direction regarding safety and procedures.
Please DO NOT enter the Arts Centre if you:
- are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing.
- have travelled outside Canada with in the last 14 days or in close contact with a person that tested positive with COVID-19.
- are not comfortable being in a user-run facility.
The CCACS takes no responsibility for any health changes resulting from an Arts Centre visit.
We appreciate your patience, understanding, and compliance. This is a very fluid time, and updates will be given as changes occur.
Last updated: 5 July 2021
By contract with the City of Williams Lake, the Central Cariboo Arts and Culture Society has the responsibility for managing the Central Cariboo Arts Centre, located at 90 Fourth Avenue North in the retired Williams Lake fire hall.
The Central Cariboo Arts Centre is for the benefit of all residents of the City of Williams Lake and Areas “D”, “E” and “F” of the Cariboo Regional District. It provides that benefit by housing and showcasing the arts and artistic activity.
The Arts Centre is home to four tenant groups, and also has designated rental spaces available for short-term or regular meetings, displays, art shows and sales, classes, demonstrations, concerts and performances. Rental spaces are user-run, and may be used for functions by non-arts groups or individuals provided that their use of the room does not conflict with use by members of the arts community, and they agree to pay the appropriate fees. Please see Rent Space at the Arts Centre for information on booking the Graham Kelsey Room or Open Studio.
Our Arts Centre Administrator, Emily Clearwater, is currently on leave. Our Executive Director, Leah Selk, would be happy to assist you with bookings or general inquiries:
Mondays, 10am to 3pm
Wednesdays, 10am to 3pm
Thursdays, 12pm to 5pm
(Temporarily closed to the public while Arts Centre Administrator is on leave)